Here I will give you a short list of keyboard shortcuts for things you probably do often in Visual Studio.
Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts
Project Related Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + Shift + B = Build your project.
- Ctrl + Alt + L = Shows Solution Explorer.
- Shift + Alt + C = Add new class.
- Shift + Alt + A = Add new item to project.
Editor Related Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + Enter = Insert blank line above the current line.
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter = Insert blank line below the current line.
- Ctrl + Space = Autocomplete using IntelliSense.
- Alt +Shift +arrow keys(←,↑,↓,→) = Select custom part of the code.
- Ctrl + } = Match curly braces, brackets.
- Ctrl + Shift + } = Select text between matched braces, brackets.
- Ctrl + Shift + S = Saves all files and projects.
- Ctrl + K, Ctrl + C = Comments the selected lines.
- Ctrl + K, Ctrl + U = Uncomments the selected lines.
- Ctrl + K, Ctrl + D = Do proper alignment of all the code.
- Shift + End = Select the entire line from start to end.
- Shift + Home = Select the entire line from end to start.
- Ctrl + Delete = Deletes the word to the right of the cursor.
Next you can find even more useful Visual Studio keyboard shortcuts in the second articles from the series- 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 2.
Read the complete list of shortcuts here.